Santiago Canyon College
SANTIAGO CANYON COLLEGE CAREER COACHES
Purpose and Mission: As part of the Strong Workforce Development Initiative, SCC Career Coaches will work to increase the student awareness and participation in CTE and Dual Enrollment. SCC Career Coaches can support student's in identifying a career path that leads to a high paid, high skilled job and reflects the student's passion and interest.
- Career coaches can assist students with building their resume writing, job application, and interview skills.
- They can help students identify career opportunities, set goals, and create a plan to achieve those goals. Additionally, they can assist in identifying internship opportunities to help you explore and prepare for your future career.
- For support contact Cristina Marquez, complete the following form, or stop by the College and Career Center. Her office hours are Monday and Wednesday 7:30 - 4:00pm.
SCC OUTREACH STAFF
Weekly Zoom office hours: Tuesdays, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- College information and SCC programs
- College application
- Financial aid (FAFSA/ CA Dream Act)
Santiago Canyon College (SCC) is pleased to offer OUSD students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. SCC offers a wide variety of classes that will put you on the right path to accomplish your goals faster!
Due to COVID-19, classes that would have been taught face-to-face at OUSD high schools will now be taught using a variety of Instrumental Methods.
OUSD courses listed in this flyer will begin on September 8th or 14th. Additional classes can be taken through the college and instruction begins Aug.24.
*Please get started with the link below which provides you with all the information you need and more. Click on it and complete these steps.
1. Please apply to SCC for the Fall 2020
2. Complete your Special Admit Form (you will need to get all signatures, including the one from your counselor).
3. Email the form to Ms. Cristina Marquez, the Career Education Coach from Santiago Canyon College.