Santiago Canyon College
SANTIAGO CANYON COLLEGE (SCC) CAREER COACH
Purpose and Mission: As part of the Strong Workforce Development Initiative, SCC Career Coaches will work to increase the student awareness and participation in CTE and Dual Enrollment. SCC Career Coaches can support students in identifying a career path that leads to a high paid, high skilled job and reflects the student's passion and interest.
- Career coaches can assist students with building their resume writing, job application, and interview skills.
- They can help students identify career opportunities, set goals, and create a plan to achieve those goals. Additionally, they can assist in identifying internship opportunities to help you explore and prepare for your future career.
SCC Career Coach (located in the College & Career Center, room 601):
Marlene Castillo – Monday & Tuesday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Email Address: email@example.com
Guillermo Vega – Wednesday & Friday(every other Friday) 8:00am to 4:30pm
(Fridays: 9/16, 9/30, 10/14, 10/28, 11/18, 12/9)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCC OUTREACH STAFF
Outreach staff can assist students with
- College information and SCC programs
- College application
- Financial aid (FAFSA/ CA Dream Act)
SCC Outreach Staff: Angie Veliz
Location: the College and Career Center, room 601
Weekly office hours: Thursday, 12:45pm - 1:45pm
Santiago Canyon College (SCC) is pleased to offer OUSD students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. SCC offers a wide variety of classes that will put you on the right path to accomplish your goals faster!
*Please get started with the link below which provides you with all the information you need and more. Click on it and complete these steps.
1. Please apply to SCC for Fall 2022
2. Complete your Special Admit Form (you will need to get all signatures, including the one from your counselor).
3. Email the form to Ms. Han, the Career Education Coach from Santiago Canyon College.
Step 1 - Apply now!
Application opens through April 22nd
Step 2 - Complete New Student Orientation
Step 3 - Meet with SCC Counselor to choose/register for your Fall classes
- (714) 628-4808