|Sweethearts Ball/Winter Formal||2/25/2023|
Winter Carnival is not a dance, but will be held on 12/10/2022
Students may bring ONE guest that is not a current Orange High school student. If a student brings a guest to a dance:
- a Guest Request form must be turned in to the Student Center two days prior to the dance.
- no guests over 20 may attend a dance.
You must have an ID to get in to the dance.
Any person in the possession, use, furnishing, selling or being under the influence of a controlled substance or an alcoholic beverage while going to or coming from the dance, or while attending the dance, are grounds for disciplinary action, including suspension and/or possible expulsion. Other forms of misconduct described by school and district rules are subject to the same forms of discipline. Students observed during the course of formal dance activities to be in possession of, using, selling, furnishing, or under the influence of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances will be questioned and given an opportunity to provide their version of the incident. Students and guests may be subject to a breathalyzer test and any student who test positive for alcohol on the breathalyzer, or students suspected to be “under the influence” will be removed from the dance. The parents of that student will be contacted to come and pick up the student and further discipline will be assigned including the possibility of assignment to the Student Success Panel.
What NOT to bring to a dance!
- No alcohol or related paraphernalia
- For example:Flasks
- No tobacco products or paraphernalia! For Example:Lighter’s or Matches, Pipes, Vaporizers, Electronic Cigarette’s
- No illegal substance of any kind
- No weapons of any kind or objects that could be used as a weapon
- No zoot chains, wallet chains, or large purse chains (ladies clutch preferred)
- No pens, pencils, markers, or anything you can write with (this includes eye liner)
- No gum or unsealed mints (mints that are sealed are okay)
- No outside food or beverage (this includes in line for the event)
- No eye drops (test them or toss them)
- No glow in the dark products (i.e. glow sticks or glow necklaces)
- No hand sanitizer
- No over the counter medications of any kind
- Any prescription medication will be flagged by security. It will be up to the school’s administration to determine whether the student will hold onto the medication or if an administrator will hold onto it.
- Note: All prescription medication needs to come in the original bottle, with the prescription label, with the students name on it.