Orange High School has served the community of Orange for 114 years. Strong support from the local community has made it a unique community-based school steeped in long-standing traditions and pride. A great number of the students here are second and third generation Panthers.
We provide a rigorous curriculum for all students; promote a learning environment that supports high achievement and celebrates success; and encourage accountability of all student learning.
Our school reflects a culture of students with character, a climate of safety and tolerance, and an organization that values each member as a contributing factor to our school’s success.
Orange High School is committed to the continual improvement of academic achievement by providing open access to rigorous curricula in a supportive learning environment. All students will have the opportunity to complete college entrance requirements and explore career pathways in preparation for a global economy.
Out among the groves of Orange,
With their golden hue,
Stands our loyal Alma Mater,
Glorious to view,
Sing the chorus,
Raise the banner,
For our victory vie.
(VIE, VIE, VIE)
Hail to thee our Alma Mater,
Hail to Orange High!
Orange High School
Expected School-wide Learning Outcomes
By the time our students graduate, Panthers are expected to:
Be Effective Communicators who:
¨ Read, write, speak and listen reflectively and critically
¨Use language appropriately to convey significant messages to others both verbally and in writing
¨Demonstrate technological competence
Be Academic Achievers who:
¨Meet or exceed Orange Unified School District’s standards in all academic subjects
¨Set appropriate and realistic educational goals
¨Create intellectual, artistic, practical, and physical products using a variety of resources
Be Critical/Complex Thinkers who:
¨Analyze, interpret, and evaluate significant concepts within various contexts
¨Develop solutions to problems based on justifiable rationales
¨Transfer learned skills to new situations
¨Use effective leadership and group skills while establishing and accomplishing significant goals
Be Responsible Citizens who:
¨Recognize and respect individual and cultural differences
¨Make informed decisions and understand consequences
¨Contribute time, energies, and talents to improve the quality of life in our schools, communities, nation, and the world
¨Demonstrate respect for self, others, and the environment
Awards & Competitions
- AVID Demonstration Site (only 2% of schools nationwide)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Penny Drive: Number 1 in OC with nearly $23,000 donated.
- OC and OUSD Maker Fair
- MCJROTC Naval Honor School
- Winner of the National Superior Future Farmers of America Chapter Award 14 years in a row and annual participant at the OC Fair
- Vans Custom Culture Competition 2015/2016 1st place
OUSD Early College currently offered for Freshman and Sophmores. Students will have the opportunity to earn up to 12 college units per year during the school day while completing high school graduation requirements.
- Athletic program with 15 sports teams and over 550 students participating,
- The only JROTC program in Orange County
- Award winning Agricultural program
- Link Crew: a high school transition program that uses student leadership to welcomes freshmen and makes them feel comfortable throughout the first year of their high school experience.
- 25 academic and service based campus clubs
- Legacy Yearbook and Reflector Newspaper
- Award winning, leveled choral program that includes: Treble Clef Chorus, Bass Clef Chorus, Advanced Women’s Chorus, Concert Choir, and Chamber Singers
- Instrumental music program that includes: Jazz Ensemble, Concert Band, Drum Line, String Orchestra, Music Theory, Rock Band, and Color Guard.
- Mentor program: Over 100 upperclassmen serve as role models to incoming Panthers.